At bestbets.today responsible gambling is paramount for all players at our online sportsbooks, and we encourage our players to play only at reputable and secure sportsbooks that have been vetted by industry professionals.
Here you’ll find detailed guidelines for making any casino experience fun while remaining responsible. We’ll also help you spot signs of problem gambling and how to get help if you recognize that you or someone you love is struggling with their gambling entertainment.
The information will include helpline numbers, links to gambling forums and national help centers. It doesn’t matter whether people gamble online or offline, they ought to know they should be responsible gamblers to maintain a nice bankroll and a healthy work-life balance.
The Signs Of Gambling Addiction
There are often no clear warning signs of addiction while at other times, red flags are ignored or brushed off.
- Gambling with borrowed money
- Stealing in order to have funds to gamble
- Lying to those around you about your finances
- Lying or hiding your gambling habit
- Being unable to control your desire to gamble
- Continuing to gamble whether win or lose
- Chasing losses
- Taking out consistent cash advances
- Having the urge to gamble no matter if its day or night
- Using gambling as a way to escape from your problems
- Depression or anxiety
- Fighting or worrying about money
- Drifting from relationships with friends, family, and loved ones
Problem gamblers tend to suffer the most because they feel like they can’t stop, which causes them to become obsessed and addicted. Seeking professional help is imperative when this occurs.
Gambling Problems: Where To Turn
Problem gamblers have several options available to them online, offline, and even on mobile:
- Go to the National Council for Problem Gambling’s website
- Chat with the National Council for Problem Gambling
- Call or Text the National Council for Problem Gambling: 1-800-522-4700
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Seeking a nearby addiction treatment center
- Going to group therapy
- Seeing a specialist