After a year off the airwaves, the 2023 Golden Globes are returning to NBC and the nominees have already been announced.
Unfortunately, Ricky Gervais will not be hosting this year. Instead, comedian Jerrod Carmichael will officiate the ceremony. Ahead of the 2023 Golden Globes on January 10th at 20:00, online gamblers can check the odds on entertainment betting sites to get a glimpse of the winners.
The Oscars betting odds have been out for a few weeks, although the nominees won’t be announced until the end of January. We mention the Oscar odds because they mirror the Golden Globes props for best actor by both favoring Brendan Fraser from The Whale.
BEST ACTOR IN DRAMA
- Brendan Fraser – The Whale -135
- Austin Butler – Elvis EVEN
- Hugh Jackman – The Son +850
- Bill Nighty – Housing +850
- Jeremy Pope – The Inspection +1200
Brendan Fraser’s odds on the Golden Globes aren’t as favorable as they are on the Academy Awards. Elvis’ Austin Butler, the actor who played the title role, is just 35 points behind Fraser in odds. Fraser currently leads the Best Actor Academy Awards ratings by 525 points over Colin Farrell for comparison.
Speaking of Colin Farrell, he’s the leader in odds of winning the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy.
BEST ACTOR IN A MUSICAL OR COMEDY
- Colin Farrell – The Banshees of Inisherin -450
- Daniel Craig – Glass Onion +375
- Diego Calva – Babylon +650
- Adam Driver – White Noise +1200
- Ralph Fiennes – The Menu +1500
One criticism that caused the Globes’ downfall at NBC is a lack of rational and ethnic diversity among its voting members, as well as its annual nominations. The Golden Globes board has added 120 voters since 2021, with majorities among female and relatively diverse members.
The following entertainment prop bets for the 2023 Golden Globes offer clear frontrunners with significant margins in moneyline odds.
BEST ACTRESS IN DRAMA
- Cate Blanchett—TAR-250
- Michelle Williams – The Fablemans +250
- Viola Davis – The Woman King +800
- Olivia Colman – Empire of Light +1000
- Ana de Armas – Blonde +1200
BEST ACTRESS IN MUSICAL OR COMEDY
- Michelle Yeoh – All everywhere at once -400
- Margot Robbie – Babylon +350
- Emma Thompson – Good luck Leo Grande +1000
- Anya-Taylor Joy – The Menu +1200
- Lesley Manville – Mrs. Harris goes to Parris +1200
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans -350
- Daniel Kwan – Everything everywhere at once +325
- James Cameron – Avatar: The Way of Water +700
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees of Inisherin +8
- Baz Luhrman – Elvis +1500
BEST DRAMA PICTURE
- The Fabelmans -175
- Top Gun: Maverick +250
- TAR +450
- Avatar: The Way of Water +850
BEST MUSICAL OR COMEDY PICTURE
- All everywhere at once -225
- The Banshees of Inisherin +225
- Babylon +800
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery +1000
- Triangle of Sadness +1200
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything, everywhere at once -225
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees of Inisherin +325
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees of Inisherin +850
- Brad Pitt – Babylon +1000
- Eddie Redmayne – The Good Nurse +1500
This final Golden Globe prop features a two-dog race between Jamie Lee Curtis and Kerry Condon, both of whom have a +135 money line.
THE BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything everywhere at once +135
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees of Inisherin +135
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda forever +600
- Dolly de Leon – Triangle of Sadness +850
- Carey Mulligan – She said +1000
This is Curti’s eighth Golden Globe nomination and would be her third trophy if she wins on January 10th. $1 bets on Jamie Lee Curtis pays $2.35 if she wins the third place Golden Globe for her performance as Deirdre Beaubeirdre in Everything Eerywhere All At Once.
There’s no need to rush all of a sudden, though, as these Golden Globe betting lines will remain public until just before the January 10 ceremony.
2023 Golden Globe Betting Odds: BetUS
Source: CNN, IMDB